OXBOW ORCHARD GRASS HAY
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Make mealtime more appealing and prevent obesity in your small pet with Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food. Some small pets like Guinea Pigs, rabbits and chinchillas, need hay to maintain healthy digestion. In fact, hay should make up 75 percent of their diet. Along with digestion, hay keeps teeth trim and promotes natural foraging and mental stimulation. Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food has a sweet smell and taste that small pets love. It is soft-textured, high in fiber and low in protein, making it ideal for adult small pets. Feed unlimited amounts as alternative to timothy, oat hay and brome or blend it with other hays to create a sweet and nutritious combination.
- Orchard Grass is a green, fruity-smelling grass hay which many small animals enjoy. To the untrained eye, it looks identical to timothy grass, but the seed heads have a different shape.
- Orchard Grass is a perennial cool season grass with flat leaf blades. The leaves vary in color from green to bluish-green depending on the maturity of the plant.
- Orchard Grass is recommended by veterinarians for small herbivores due to the nutritional content. Orchard Grass can be mixed with other grass hays when feeding your pet. This is encouraged because animals seem to like the variety. Mixing your grasses will encourage them to eat more hay, which is beneficial to the health of the animal.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. Orchard Grass also provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system.
- When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
Orchard Grass can be fed free choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to timothy, oat hay, and brome. Free - choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what is given, you need to give them more! Hay should not only be used for nutritional purposes, but also for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behavior.
100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||7.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||1.5% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||32.0% max|